River Bugs / River Bugging Perthshire
- Activity – River bugs / River bugging
- Location – Aberfeldy / Pitlochry / Glasgow
- Prices From – £35 Child, £50 Adult
- Activity duration – Max 3 hrs (Natural), Max 1.5 hrs (Artificial Coarse)
- Minimum Age – 12
- Groups and Individual bookings – Yes
- Available – All Year Round
River Tay or River Tummel River bugging
- River Tay or River Tummel- Half Day – £50pp
- €57 per Adult Estimated price, click link to check current rate
- £45pp / €55pp if 10 or more book
- £85pp / €97pp if combined with rafting or canyoning to experience our best Splash Adrenalin Day saving £20 pp on doing the separately.
- Children (12-15 yrs) £35 / €40pp
- Please Note: No Children’s River Tummel bugging during the “Tummel Rafting” season. This is every weekend between June-Sept .
Glasgow River Bugging
- Pinkston Watersports Glasgow (Scotland’s only artificial whitewater course) 1hr 30 minutes £60pp
- €69 per Adult Estimated price, click link to check current rate
- £50pp / €57pp for groups of 10 or more
Min booking of 4 persons (total) to run a Glasgow bugging Session.
How to Book River Bugs with Splash
River Bugging Scotland
River Bugs Locations
- River Tummel, Pitlochry
- River Tay, Aberfeldy
- Pinkston Watersports, Scotland’s only artificial whitewater course (Glasgow)
River Bugging is the latest things to hit the UK shores from New Zealand. The bug is a one person craft that looks like an inflatable armchair!
Splash Rafting runs river bugging trips on the River Tummel (Pitlochry, Perthshire), River Tay (Aberfeldy, Perthshire) and at Pinkston watersports in Glasgow, Scotland’s only artificial whitewater course for some truly urban adventure. River Bugs run all year round. We introduced River bugging to Scotland from NZ in 2003. We have the largest fleet of river bugs in the UK. This means we can take all your group in one session!
River bugs are a great way to play on the river if you want that little bit more excitement. They are ideal for summer river levels. Splash pioneered river bugging in Scotland, and as such we are the most experienced provider of this fun outdoor activity. We have introduced thousands of Splash guests to this fun activity since 2003.
After receiving expert instruction from our experienced river bug guides, we’ll get you out on the river or on the whitewater course. You will be complete with your webbed gloves and full wetsuit gear, ready to hit the river. We will help you negotiate your own path down the white water rapids.
Combination packages with the River Bugs
Combine your River Bugs Splash activity and save! Why not try out rafting , canyoning or river duckies? A full day of adventure on the river and in the canyons cost from just £85 per person – guaranteed excitement and exhilaration suitable for the whole family!
Between June and September Splash offer white water rafting on the River Tummel, Get in touch with Splash by calling (01887) 829706 now and we’ll get you booked in.
Of course, if you prefer to experience adventure on land, we can offer fantastic activities including paintball, abseiling, quad biking , off Road Rage buggies , Clay Pigeon Shooting or even bungee jumping!
We have lots of accommodation partners in Aberfeldy and the surrounding Perthshire area. We can provide 4 star Hotels all the way through to camping to accommodate everyones budget and choice.
Our accommodation packages start from around £100 for a two night break and one activity, for more information on our Accommodation packages check out our page here https://rafting.co.uk/accommodation-activity-offer/ or call 01887 829706 or email [email protected]
Stag and Hen Canyoning Offers
Splash has been organising Stag and Hen Parties for over 15 years. We team up with the best Local and National providers to get you the party that you are looking for . Please head over to our dedicated page to get all the information about what we can offer you with regards to accommodation, Transport and Activities.
Had a fantastic day yesterday in the pouring rain. We were meant to be canyoning but due to the river level we were switched to river bugging on the Tummell.
The switch in activity left us a little disappointed at the time, but our guides – Andy and Avers – came up with a plan B which didn’t disappoint. We headed back to the centre to load up with some river bugs and headed straight back out, it was seamless.
With the rivers so high there was plenty of white water for us to drop down. Awesome experience and not an activity I would have thought to book previously. Will definitely do again!
We had a mixed ability group but our guides managed to keep us all engaged at our own levels. Everybody left with a big grin on their faces!
Our guides were excellent – friendly and experienced. Andy even managed to make the safety talk fun!
My 2 teenage boys (13,14) had a ball – we are going back tomorrow for the rafting:-)
Try the bugging, amazing day out with my 2 sons & their friend even tho I swam a few times it was well worth it. The instructors were great n put u @ ease I would love to go again
I’m from the states and am very active on the rivers back home, I was eager to see what Scotland had to offer for whitewater fun. We booked a river bug trip on the river Tummel and stand up paddling tour. It was excellent. Our guide Kevin was very knowledgeable and entertaining. He made sure we had the time of our lives. It’s obvious he is very passionate about what he does. If you’re looking for an adventurous day out on the water then Splash is the way to go.
Charlotte Bowes recommends Splash White Water Rafting.
Had the absolute best time this afternoon with the river bugs. Dannas was so friendly and will definitely be coming back! Thanks so much!
What is included
On every River Bugs trip, we include all equipment required plus a professional experienced guide. A logistics manager on land who is also a very experienced guide. All equipment required which includes over £150 worth of wetsuits, helmets, lifejackets. Transport from our base on and off the river/ canyon by a professional bus company.
What to bring.
You will be provided with everything you need to bug safely. However we do ask you to bring an old pair of shoes to wear on the river (These will get wet), and your swimwear for underneath your wetsuit. Optional – a non-cotton T-shirt (synthetic materials are best ) for under your wetsuit. Depending on the time of the year warm clothing for before and after your trip.
All travel information will be sent via email when a booking is confirmed.
River Tummel, Pitlochry
Meet at HQ or Tummel site for River Tummel bugs – Depends on where you are staying or traveling from.
Venue: River Tummel, Scottish & Southern Energy PLC, Clunie Power Station, Pitlochry PH16 5NF(River Tummel Rafting & River Bugs)
Follow the A9 North from Perth past Pitlochry, take the road signed ‘Clunie and Foss’ on the right hand side (look out for the Splash sign beneath it). About 2 miles down this road you will see the huge stone Clunie Arch – go through this and follow the road down to the picnic area where we will be waiting for you. Look out for a white marquee at the end of the field. If you are coming from Pitlochry, go north out of town then, come back onto the A9 heading south and go over the loch. Take the first left at the ‘Clunie and Foss’ sign and follow the directions above.
Glasgow Bugs meet at Pinkston.
Splash White Water Rafting Glasgow
75 North Canal Bank St,
How do I get to Aberfeldy?
Aberfeldy area, Perthshire, Scotland
- Self Driving is the best way to get to Aberfeldy and Perthshire as this lets you fully explore the stunning countryside.
- By bus from both Perth and Pitlochry with regular services seven days a week.
- By a combination of train and bus. Catch a train to Perth or Pitlochry and then catch the bus.
- For groups, we can arrange to pick you up from Edinburgh city centre or Edinburgh airport or Glasgow city centre or Glasgow airport by minibus or larger bus depending on the size of the group
Self Driving is the best way to get to Aberfeldy and Perthshire as this lets you fully explore the stunning countryside. Below are the rough times and road options from the main areas of Scotland.
- M80, M9, A9 is the fastest route averaging around 90 minutes
- M80, M9, A9, A85 then onto the Perthshire Tourist route through Crief – 90 minutes
- A82, A85 up past Loch Lomond then to Killin, Loch Tay and Aberfeldy – 150 minutes
- A90, M90, A9 Up through Fife to Perth then Aberfeldy around 90 minutes
From Oban and the West
- A85 , A827 great views around 130 minutes
- A9 A nice fast route. Around 120 minutes
You can get to Aberfeldy by bus from both Perth and Pitlochry with regular services seven days a week.
For more information on Bus time tables
We recommend using Google maps from your phone or PC before and during travel to Aberfeldy as they can show you the exact information from your location including walking, buses, trains and driving options.