River Tay White Water Rafting
- Activity – River Tay White Water Rafting
- Location – Aberfeldy
- Prices – £30 Child, £49 Adult
- Activity duration – Max 3 hrs
- Minimum Age – 8
- Groups and Individual bookings – Yes, both
- Available – All Year Round
White Water Rafting on the River Tay Prices
- A half day white water rafting trip on the River Tay costs £49.00 per Adult.
- €58 per Adult Estimated price, click link to check current rate
- Private rafts can be booked for just you and your friends: Please inquire for price.
- £42 per Adult for Groups of 10+
- Splash offer special reduced rates for children (8-15 years) of £30/€35 per Child.
How to Book River Tay Rafting with Splash
OR direct online here Secure online booking via TourCMS
River Tay Dates & Times
River Tay white water rafting trips are available all year round on Wed (Afternoon trip only at 1400hrs), Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun (Morning trips at 0930hrs & afternoon trips at 1300hrs) each week. Each half-day trip lasts approximately 3-4 hours, meeting at the Splash office on Dunkeld Road in Aberfeldy. Our busiest times for River Tay rafting are Saturdays from June-Sept so if you’d like to ensure you are able to join us please give us a call on 01887 829706 or email us and we’ll provisionally book your place. On ALL rafting trips, Splash provides free professional white water rafting photos and we encourage all customers to download & share their photos with friends & family.
River Tay White Water Rafting Activity – What is Rafting?
River Tay White Water Rafting. This is one of the most exciting river activities in Scotland. White water rafts are engineered to handle everything the river can throw at them. You and your team will work with one of our experienced guides to navigate the raging rapids. The rapids come in a grade from 1 (flat, scenic) to 5 (high adventure/ risk). We have access to many rivers from the fun and bouncy Tay (Grade 2 and 3) to the mighty Orchy ( Grade 3,4 and 5). See you on the River Tay White Water Rafting River Trip.
White Water Rafting on the River Tay
River Tay whitewater rafting trips are a great way to experience the thrills of rafting on the famous River Tay with Splash! Starting from our base in Aberfeldy, your half-day rafting trip includes all equipment, transport on and off the river, experienced raft guides on each raft, a trip leader on each trip and an operations manager on dry land. We also include free professional photography with every trip so everyone goes away with lots of photos of their white water rafting adventure.
The river has numerous rapids between Grades 2 and 3 that are fun, bouncy and challenging. The half-day River Tay rafting trip is about six miles in distance and starts from the old market town of Aberfeldy. Here the river winds lazily along the Tay valley, through rolling hills and stunning scenery. This is an area with a diverse wildlife, which is best seen from the river. The paddle crew has ample opportunity to practice their newly learnt rafting skills with a variety of fun and challenging games before the river drops away and creates challenging rapids that flow down to Grandtully.
Rapids such as ‘Zoom Flume’ and ‘The Washing Machine’ keep people on their toes, before the grand finale: ‘The Grandtully Rapid’. This is the longest rapid on the river and provides one or two surprises for the unwary rafter!
What is included
On every River Tay Rafting trip, we include all equipment required plus a professional experienced guide. A logistics manager on land who is also a very experienced guide. All equipment required which includes over £150 worth of wetsuits, helmets, lifejackets. Transport from our base on and off the river/ canyon by a professional bus company.
What to bring.
You will be provided with everything you need to Raft on the Tay safely. However we do ask you to bring an old pair of shoes to wear on the river (These will get wet), and your swimwear for underneath your wetsuit. Optional – a non-cotton T-shirt (synthetic materials are best ) for under your wetsuit. Depending on the time of the year warm clothing for before and after your trip.
How do I get to Aberfeldy?
Aberfeldy area, Perthshire, Scotland
- Self Driving is the best way to get to Aberfeldy and Perthshire as this lets you fully explore the stunning countryside.
- By bus from both Perth and Pitlochry with regular services seven days a week.
- By a combination of train and bus. Catch a train to Perth or Pitlochry and then catch the bus.
- For groups, we can arrange to pick you up from Edinburgh city centre or Edinburgh airport or Glasgow city centre or Glasgow airport by minibus or larger bus depending on the size of the group
Self Driving is the best way to get to Aberfeldy and Perthshire as this lets you fully explore the stunning countryside. Below are the rough times and road options from the main areas of Scotland.
- M80, M9, A9 is the fastest route averaging around 90 minutes
- M80, M9, A9, A85 then onto the Perthshire Tourist route through Crief – 90 minutes
- A82, A85 up past Loch Lomond then to Killin, Loch Tay and Aberfeldy – 150 minutes
- A90, M90, A9 Up through Fife to Perth then Aberfeldy around 90 minutes
From Oban and the West
- A85 , A827 great views around 130 minutes
- A9 A nice fast route. Around 120 minutes
You can get to Aberfeldy by bus from both Perth and Pitlochry with regular services seven days a week.
For more information on Bus time tables
We recommend using Google maps from your phone or PC before and during travel to Aberfeldy as they can show you the exact information from your location including walking, buses, trains and driving options.
We were staying in the area of Lock Tay in Kenmore. We had done other activities locally and while there decided to do white water rafting.
We contacted several companies but Splash were by far the most helpful and sounded perfect.
On the day, all equipment was supplied and full Instruction was given by the guys, who I must say were superb throughout.
We got to the rafting and were Not disappointed. It was safe, but had that feeling of excitement and danger I guess you want with this. It was both tranquil and mad mixed together for the perfect blend. We saw lots of wildlife if that’s your thing and had a great laugh and when It came to the exciting bits that were brilliant.
We loved every moment of it and would go again in a heart beat. To cap it off they uploaded soon after some excellent photos that are great momentos of the day.
Very very good and cannot recommend them highly enough.
Very friendly staff. It was just myself and my two sons in the boat. I know other companies who would not run unless they had a boat full so thank you. We had great fun on the river and the guide was excellent. I would recommend.
Great experience, fantastic fun on the river.Thanks to Katy for making our adventure a day to remember. We will be back .
First class experience run buy a brilliant bunch of guides, even though water levels were a little low due to the long hot summer we had a great time, our guide Steve was excellent keeping everyone in the boat motivated and having fun, highly recommended for a trip if you’re on your own or in a large group, great fun guys, thanks
Awesome rafting trip on the Tay ably chaperoned by James, who’s lost his voice but still managed to keep a bunch of teenagers under control. River running high at the moment so great fun. Always a good trip, especially for teenagers
River Tay Adventure Break
- Midweek overnight bunkhouse 3 miles from Aberfeldy plus white water rafting £60pp
- Weekend Bunkhouse 2-night stay plus rafting £90pp ( based on 14 staying)
- Luxury 4 star self-catering lodges at Moness resort in Aberfeldy 10 minutes walk from the Splash base and the town and Dewars Distillery. Lodges can take from 2 – 8 people per lodge. 2 nights plus rafting from £99pp-£125p ( prices change with dates and amount of people involved).
- Four excellent Highland Perthshire Self Catering Lodges taking 6 – 8 people per lodge plus rafting £80-£125pp for two nights plus rafting. Prices vary depending on dates and how many involved.
We have lots of accommodation partners in Aberfeldy and the surrounding Perthshire area. We can provide 4 star Hotels all the way through to camping to accommodate everyone’s budget and choice.
Our accommodation packages start from around £90 for a two-night break and one activity, for more information on our Accommodation packages check out our page here https://rafting.co.uk/accommodation-activity-offer/ or call 01887 829706 or email [email protected]